Thursday, October 30, 2008

That time of year


I decided to sell my car in the summer and was lucky enough to buy a used Kronan bicycle from a collegue's wife, including the baby seat. I've enjoyed my short ride to work via George's nursery in the summer, but now it's getting cold, slippery and my baby bump is growing every day it seems (it's getting more and more difficult to get up that hill with a 13 kilo baby in back and a 7 kilo bump in front). So it's that time of year, it's time to park my lovely bike for the winter, I'll miss the wind in my hair and George loving the ride, laughing behind me. As "luck" would have it, or rather this recession we're going through, no one has bought my lovely car. So I picked it up at the dealership and am back on four wheels! Well, I'm in Iceland, I'm sure I'll be very happy not to have to plough through knee deep snow with a huge bump and a pushchair!!!

No comments: