Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Bedroom before

Ok so my next post was going to be about the great storage space I want to create in my bedroom. Well I haven't quite got round to it yet, but I thought I'd show you the corner of my bedroom that I'm actually pleased with. Trust me when I say that the rest of the room is a mess!

I´ve gone for a different colour scheme in the bedroom, with slightly cooler colours than in the rest of the flat. White, dark brown and teal dominate in here. We chose a low bed (actually just two box mattresses from IKEA) as our son shares our bed. The lamp is a simple rice paper shade from IKEA, I use white bedsheets only, the throw is from a shop window in a shop where my husband used to work and we normally have a few books stacked next to the bed, either to read to our son or for ourselves. A bottle of water and a glass for those nights our son wakes up thirsty.

The list of things to do in the bedroom:
Hang a curtain to cover a nook, perfect for storage.
Move the bed to the wall to make space for a cot (crib)
Hang the light in a different corner
Finish doing up a little piece of furniture that is going to be a present for a friend of mine ;)
Hang a beautiful design object that was a present from a friend of mine ;)

I'll post better (worse) before pictures soon, I haven't taken them yet and my son is sleeping in there right now.

Another post coming up soon, a little landing strip, or rather a request for ideas for my landing strip.

2 comments:

Shel/Nate/Anipals said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanna Goddard said...

i love the lamp!