Friday, April 22, 2011

Travelling to Iceland?

And looking for stylish accommodation on a budget? The newly opened KEX hostel is a "trendy social hostel" in Reykjavík and makes me want to play tourist in my hometown. With various choices of rooms, from dorms to hotel style double rooms with private wc's, they cater for every preference. They have an organic café (their breakfast doesn't look like anything I've had in hostels around the world, and I've been in a few!), a gym, a hair salon, a restaurant and a music venue that recently hosted some of the events of the Reykjavík music mess.


The Kex logo  


Kex means biscuit. The building used to be a biscuit factory.


A dorm room


A hotel room 


From one of the hotel rooms










Yoghurt with fresh berries and muesli served in a vintage jam jar... Wouldn't it be perfect when you get friends over for brunch?

I'm guessing you're itching to book your room pronto, so head on over here quick! They're on facebook too.

No comments: