Thursday, June 24, 2010

A wonderful day!


I just had the greatest day today. I decided to cycle to work and take Sam, my littlest one along for the ride. He had a blast on his first real bicycle ride ever, and after I dropped him off at his daycare, I rode down Laugavegur, Reykjavík's main shopping street, where I love to window-shop in all the different vintage and unique design shops. I had a good day at work but decided to leave early because the weather was fantastic. Cycled home, picked Sam up on the way and being a little hot and flustered after riding uphill suggested we all go to the beach (yes, really, we also have beaches in Iceland!). We threw some drinks and finger snacks in a bag with towels and blankets and were off (the beach - Nauthólsvík - is about 10 minutes away from where we live by car). We picked George, our older one, up from school on the way and I found out that tomorrow is Pirate Day and I didn't have a costume sorted! Decided to worry about that after the beach. When we got there I quickly got the cool-down I was after, in fact we were all freezing so we decided to go home and cook a nice meal instead. After eating I hung up my grandmother's old clock that my father inherited and I'm just keeping for him. It looks great in our living room! Pictures later :) George played with his friends from next door in the garden and I called my friends to find out if anyone had a pirate costume for a 4 year old. Luckily my friend Ingibjörg had one and she lives close by, so after the kids finally went to bed at around 11 (another story) I decided to go for a run and pick up the costume. Got a nice girl talk with her as well and wasn't home until midnight! When I finally sat down by the computer, I had no idea what to write about. So I decided to tell you about my day :) How was your day, did you do anything fun?
Oh, and the photo shows the service facilities by the beach we went to, a really nice little piece of architecture by an all female architecture office, Arkibúllan.

No comments: